Holiday Recipes from our house to yours!
Happy Holidays to you!
¾ cup Brown Rice Flour
½ cup Sorghum Flour
½ cup Potato Starch Flour
1 ½ cup Sugar
1 cup of Unsweetened Pumpkin Puree
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
½ tsp Sea Salt
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
½ tsp Ground Cloves
½ tsp Ground Ginger
½ tsp Ground Nutmeg
1 tsp Xanthan Gum
2 Large Eggs
½ cup Vegetable Oil
1/3 cup Water
½ cup Chopped Pecans (optional)
½ cup Raisins (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease or butter one 2 quart casserole dish.
2. Place potatoes in a mixing bowl and with an electric mixer, beat on low speed until potatoes begin to break up. Increase speed to medium high and blend until smooth.
3. Reduce speed to low and add sugar, milk or milk substitute, butter or butter substitute, vanilla, eggs and salt. Mix well.
4. Allow any potato 'fibers' to remain on the beater and remove. Pour sweet potato mixture into the casserole dish.
5. Prepare the topping in a small bowl by whisking together the brown sugar, flour, butter or Substitute and pecans if you choose. Sprinkle mixture over potato mixture and bake for 40 minutes.
2 16 oz. jars of Red Salsa ( I used
Meijer’s Organic Medium Salsa )
2 15 oz. can tomato sauce ( I used Meijer’s Organic Tomato Sauce )
½ medium onion finely chopped
1 4 oz. can green chilies chopped and peeled
1 tsp chili powder
½ tsp cumin
1 15 oz. can roasted green chili and lime refried beans ( I used Meijer’s brand )
4 cups cooked turkey
1 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1 small can of chopped olives
1 package of 6 inch 24 count corn tortillas